2019 in Review: Quotes of the Year!

All year long, we’ve been collecting TV’s best sound bites in our Quotes of the Week I won't be posting photo's of the quotes so if you like you can look below. Which honor the dialogue that made us laugh, cry, gasp and scoff at our screens. But as 2019 winds down, and your favorite shows head into hiatus, we’ve compiled the Quotes of the Year, featuring 65 of the funniest, most poignant and/or most memorably bizarre exchanges from the past 12 months.

The pictures below you’ll find Supergirl‘s reaction to her updated wardrobe, an emotionless quotes.

And though it probably goes without saying, we’ll say it anyway: Our Quotes of the Year roundup includes lotsa spoilers for plot twists, romantic confessions, heartbreaking goodbyes and more. If you aren’t caught up on your favorite series, we’d recommend bookmarking this page for later. At the end of the post I will post the link that you can go check out if your shows aren't the ones I cover.

1. 76TH ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBES


“Crazy Rich Asians is nominated tonight for Best Picture, Musical or Comedy. It is the first studio film with an Asian-American lead since Ghost in the Shell and Aloha.”

[off-screen] “I’m sorry!”

Emma Stone makes a formal (but, sadly, off-camera) apology for appearing in the film Aloha as a half-Asian character

2. BROOKLYN NINE-NINE


“It’s time to celebrate. You know what that means: This B needs a C in her A.”

“Oh my God!”

“This babe needs a coconut in her arms.”

“Ohhhhh. I thought you were saying, ‘This [bleep] needs a [bleep] in her [bleep].’”

“Oh my God!”

“Yeah, that was my reaction!”

Amy (Melissa Fumero) and Jake (Andy Samberg) have an extremely dirty misunderstanding

3. THE GOOD PLACE


“There’s this chicken sandwich that, if you eat it, it means you hate gay people. And it’s delicious!”

Eleanor (Kristen Bell) points out how hard it is to live ethically down on Earth these days

3a. THE GOOD PLACE (Bonus Quote!)

“We hope that our early successes make up for the embarrassing mess we’ve become. Like Facebook. Or America.”

Eleanor (Kristen Bell) tries to put a positive spin on her trainwreck of an experiment

4. CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER

“Was Joey [Lawrence] in Tim ‘The Tool Man’ Taylor?”

While trying to place Blossom actor Joey Lawrence, Olympian Ryan Lochte invents a new title for Home Improvement

5. SUPERNATURAL

“Son, I am so sorry.”

“I’m sorry, too. But you did your best. You fought for us and loved us. That’s enough.”

John (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Sam (Jared Padalecki) finally make amends

6. GREY’S ANATOMY

“I met someone. And he’s hot, and he’s confident, and he likes me. And I’m gay. And he’s gay. And we’re gay… together. And it’s the most me I ever felt in my whole life.”

Levi (Jake Borelli), coming out to Meredith, Jo and the whole O.R.

7. GOOD GIRLS

“You lied to my face!”

“I saved [our daughter]’s life! It wasn’t God, or the church, or any of those ‘thoughts and prayers.’ It was me. You say you don’t know who I am? Well let me introduce myself, I’m the crazy-ass bitch that robbed a grocery store to save her child and protect her family — your child, and your family. I’m that bitch. Nice to meet ya. And ‘you’re welcome.’”

Ruby (Retta) makes clear to husband Stan all that she has done

8. LAST MAN STANDING

“This one says Toy Story 4, but I don’t know how Dad would have that one already.”

Eve (Kaitlyn Dever) finds a suspicious movie rental in Buzz Lightyear’s Mike’s den

9. JANE THE VIRGIN

“Who’s here? Abuela, maybe your dead husband’s coming back, too! Oh, my God, the movers. I am so sorry. I meant to call earlier. We’re actually not moving today because my husband just came back from the dead.”

Jane (Gina Rodriguez), mid-monologue spiral, after she hears a knock at the door

10. THIS IS US

“You won the lottery. You won it twice: once, when you got adopted, and again, when you met Beth. I don’t know what’s going on between you two, but you’ve gotta get it together. You owe it to the world that let you win the lottery twice.” 

Deja (Lyric Ross) gives Randall a much-needed wake-up call

11. MADAM SECRETARY

“Best job I ever had.”

“So far.”

Elizabeth (Téa Leoni) and Matt (Geoffrey Arend) reflect as she prepares to resign as secretary of state and run for president

12. CHICAGO FIRE

“You deserve a better man than me. So I decided… I decided I’m going to be the man you deserve.” 

Severide (Taylor Kinney) greets Stella with quite a declaration

13. BIG BROTHER

“He looks like Jason Mimosa! [beat] Hold on. Did I say that right?”

Kathryn is immediately smitten with fellow houseguest Jack — even if she’s not totally sure which celebrity he resembles

14. THE RANCH

“Colt, how did you get in here?”

“Let’s just say your assistant’s a fan of Michael Kelso, who she thinks I look like.”

Colt (Ashton Kutcher) bears a striking resemblance to a certain That ’70s Show character, wouldn’t you say?

15. SUPERGIRL

“…Pants!”

The only thing better than Supergirl’s new suit is Kara’s (Melissa Benoist) reaction to it

16. DYNASTY

“Save it, Cristal. You’ve already apologized twice. You think the third time’s the charm?”

“…I hope so.”

This quick exchange between Fallon (Elizabeth Gillies) and Cristal (Daniella Alonso) was the perfect way of acknowledging that Alonso is, in fact, the show’s third actress to play Cristal


So if you want to see what your shows made it please click below

Source: TVLine

Comments